A Message about COVID-19
At Southern Credit Union, the health and wellbeing of our members and staff is our top priority as we monitor the situation surrounding the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. We are adhering to best practices with regards to cleanliness. Members will be notified should anything change.
We are limiting member access to only the lobby. In our efforts to keep members and employees healthy and safe, we appreciate your cooperation in this process. We remind you that you can access you funds through your debit card, VISA card or pre-paid VISA debit card. If you do not have any of these, Apply Here .
Should the COVID-19 linger on and conditions change, we may limit office hours to protect our members and staff however, we will continue to meet your needs safely and as quickly as possible.
For your safety, please do not leave cash in the night deposit or mail cash to SCU.
SCU Remote Options:
|what you need||where to go|
|Online Banking||Sign-up here. or give us a call at (423) 629-2578.|
|Southern Express Automated Teller||Call 1-866-255-4189 for 24/7 access to your account. Enter your primary member number. Enter the last 4 digits of your social security number as the PIN. It will prompt you to change the PIN to a unique number.|
|CO-OP Shared Branches and ATMs||Find a Co-Op surcharge free ATM. SCU members can access checking account using your debit card at any CO-OP ATM.|
|Night Drop||You can deposit checks through the night deposit box at both locations. The deposit will be processed the next business day if deposit is made after business hours.|
Call (423) 629-2578 ext. 2. Members may apply for a loan securely from our website or the PC Branch home banking site.
Sign up for PC Branch banking here.
|VISA Credit Card Services||
For lost or stolen cards: 1-800-808-7230To apply for a VISA credit card, complete an online application or call us and we’ll mail you an application
|Wires||Call (423) 629-2578. We will need the wiring instructions for where you want your funds to go. Provide the instructions in writing by email, fax or in person. Wires must be completed before 2 pm EST.|
|Membership Application||Apply online , or call (423) 629-2578 Chattanooga or (865) 687-3691.|
|Changes is Your Contact Information||Please notify us in writing or by email, PC Branch or Bill Pay if your address, email or phone numbers, marital status or other important contacts have changed.|
If you need help or have questions, call Main Office (423) 629-2578 or Knoxville (865) 687-3691.
Be Aware of Scams
As the COVID-19 situation in the US continues to develop, be aware that scammers are taking advantage of the virus by sending emails, texts, and links that appear to be from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO).
What to Watch For
- Emails appearing to be from the CDC or WHO that contain attachments or links. Do NOT open attachments or click links from unknown sources.
- Texts or phone calls appearing to be from the CDC or WHO. Those organizations will not send you links or ask you for your personal or financial information.
- Donation links. Links for monetary donations will not be emailed to you from the CDC or WHO. Do not click links from unknown sources.
Steps to Protect Yourself
- Verify email addresses. If it looks suspicious, delete.
- Check the link before you click. Be especially suspicious of any emails or texts you receive that include links to donation sites as this is a common method of collecting your account and personal information.
- Be careful when providing personal information. The WHO or CDC will not ask you for your personal info.
- Don’t rush. Scammers may try to make you feel rushed, but take your time.
- If you gave out sensitive information, don’t panic. Immediately change any credentials you may have given out. If you give out debit or credit card information to someone suspicious, give us a call at (423) 629-2578.
- If you see a scam, report it. Report a scam to the WHO or the BBB.
Your Funds are Federally Insured by NCUA
Don't worry - the funds you keep at Southern Credit Union are safe and secure. All savings & deposit accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA, the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the federal government.Learn More
See below for reputable COVID-19 resources.
Best Practices to Prevent the Spread of Germs
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick if possible.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover it, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Hours of Operation
Beginning April 6, 2020, the Chattanooga & Knoxville Office Hours will be:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EST
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Life Continues! Helping Members Afford Life
If your employment situation has changed, please communicate with us. We will do all we can to work with you. We’re all in this together. This virus will pass and together we will move forward. Stay safe and healthy. We care about you.